MacMillan "Aviation English for ICAO Compliance" Cd contains a virus/trojan
jasee
2009-03-13 14:53:03 UTC
There are two cds with this book "Aviation English for ICAO
Compliance" ISBN 979-0-230-02757-2, the cd of the book contains a
virus/trojan in \data\Start.exe apparently the "Win32/heur" virus.
I've informed the publishers but received no reply so far.

Putting the cd in a machine with autorun on will automatically install
the software and run the virus containing file at the end of the
installation.

The file can't be cleaned AFAICT and, if the fil is removed, the
software doesn't install properly
jasee
2009-03-13 19:48:51 UTC
Following up my own post it now appears that this is the German
version of this book (though it is written in English of course) and
applies AFAICT to ISBN nos ISBN 078-0-230-02756-8 (or maybe
978-3-19-032884-0 ) (2008) which are written inside the book. Later
version of this book have a DVD and may be different