Coventry Aeroplane Club
Rob
2012-07-20 19:15:54 UTC
For anyone interested

https://www.covaero.com/viewpage.php?page_id=33
brian whatcott
2012-11-16 00:56:49 UTC
Post by Rob
For anyone interested
https://www.covaero.com/viewpage.php?page_id=33
It took a while for me to catch this message from the club where I first
saw a cessna 150 whistling down low on the approach to the southerly
black top from my car as I drove from Birmingham to Rugby where an early
computer (AEI1010) was doing its stuff in 1964. It took years and years
- and a few nightmares and plenty of white knuckle trips - before John
Hill took me out for three stall spins each way - as was the practice at
that time. But I have been flying for a decent fraction of the
intervening years since that PPL in 1969. Seems amusing my first plane
was a cessna 150, and my current plane is a 150 too. I can hear John
Hill, Geoff Crookes and one or two other instructors walking around with
me as I preflight my plane here in Altus Oklahoma, where pilots train on
big refuel planes and til recently very big cargo planes - the C-5 moved
out, the C-141 went to the reserves, but the KC-135 lives on here, along
with the C-17.

Brian Whatcott