Concorde will never fly again
Mike Cawood, HND BIT
2007-09-28 15:04:02 UTC
The spares have been sold off
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/7016416.stm
Concorde will now resume its role as a static museum piece.
Regards Mike.
Peter
2007-09-29 15:17:58 UTC
Post by Mike Cawood, HND BIT
The spares have been sold off
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/7016416.stm
Concorde will now resume its role as a static museum piece.
Regards Mike.
What about the French ones?

Nobody seriously thinks the Brit ones would ever fly again - they were
damaged by draining the fluids etc.

The French ones have been preserved, AFAIK.
unknown
2007-09-29 16:42:26 UTC
Post by Peter
What about the French ones?
The spares referred to were the French ones. I was out at Filton last
week and when I heard the news thought the same, that's the last chance
that Concorde had of flying down the tubes. It's a crying shame, but I
can't believe that an enthusiasts group can afford to out-bid the
collectors of memorabillia for spares.

The TV coverage showed several spares, all of them obviously unused.
It's a shame, and a kick in the face for anyone trying to preserve
aviation history. I'd hope that anyone who bought spares at auction
would hand them over to get Concorde off the ground again, but I think
that's also a lost hope.
Eeyore
2007-09-30 00:19:47 UTC
Post by unknown
Post by Peter
What about the French ones?
The spares referred to were the French ones. I was out at Filton last
week and when I heard the news thought the same, that's the last chance
that Concorde had of flying down the tubes. It's a crying shame, but I
can't believe that an enthusiasts group can afford to out-bid the
collectors of memorabillia for spares.
The TV coverage showed several spares, all of them obviously unused.
It's a shame, and a kick in the face for anyone trying to preserve
aviation history. I'd hope that anyone who bought spares at auction
would hand them over to get Concorde off the ground again, but I think
that's also a lost hope.
Realistically, who could ever AFFORD to get Concorde flying again ? Look at the
effort involved for just a Vulcan or Lightning.

Graham