Piper archer running costs
Dazzz
2007-12-06 11:59:12 UTC
Hello all ...

I'm looking at purchased an archer (or buying a share in a group) in
the next few months and I'm trying to gather as much information from
as many sources as I can on what the 'general' running costs are
likely to be. I know these costs will differ depending on the age of
the plane, the amount of flying time and the location amongst other
things.

But if I can get an idea I figure it's a good start.

So if you currenlty own an archer or have owned an archer and would
like to share what the general costs like insurance, 50 hour service,
annual service and parking are I would be very thankful.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Cheers ... Dazzz

P.S. I will also be asking these questions of the club where I fly.
Peter
2007-12-06 18:31:57 UTC
Post by Dazzz
Hello all ...
I'm looking at purchased an archer (or buying a share in a group) in
the next few months and I'm trying to gather as much information from
as many sources as I can on what the 'general' running costs are
likely to be. I know these costs will differ depending on the age of
the plane, the amount of flying time and the location amongst other
things.
But if I can get an idea I figure it's a good start.
So if you currenlty own an archer or have owned an archer and would
like to share what the general costs like insurance, 50 hour service,
annual service and parking are I would be very thankful.
Thanks in advance for you help.
Cheers ... Dazzz
P.S. I will also be asking these questions of the club where I fly.
Unfortunately not many people read this group anymore.

I would recommend www.pprune.org and the GA forum in there. You will
get a lot more rubbish from a few people but should get a lot of
replies.

Very much will depend on the age of the plane. In general, with an
aluminium hull one would not expect much in the way of airframe parts
for the first 10-15 years.

I see you are in New Zealand so perhaps costs (and legal maintenance
requirements) will be different down there.
Alt Beer
2007-12-06 21:19:07 UTC
Post by Dazzz
Hello all ...
I'm looking at purchased an archer (or buying a share in a group) in
the next few months and I'm trying to gather as much information from
as many sources as I can on what the 'general' running costs are
likely to be. I know these costs will differ depending on the age of
the plane, the amount of flying time and the location amongst other
things.
But if I can get an idea I figure it's a good start.
So if you currenlty own an archer or have owned an archer and would
like to share what the general costs like insurance, 50 hour service,
annual service and parking are I would be very thankful.
Thanks in advance for you help.
Cheers ... Dazzz
P.S. I will also be asking these questions of the club where I fly.
There is a Yahoo group for the Cherokee
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pipercherokee/
I just searched it for Archer and got 905 hits.
Might be worth looking.
Dazzz
2008-01-05 08:53:39 UTC
I just searched it for Archer and got 905 hits.
Might be worth looking.
Thanks Alt Beer I'll check it out!