Bristol Runway
Merryterry
2007-01-08 15:21:50 UTC
The runway at Bristol has been out of action due to aircraft skidding
on the new surface. How does the pilot of a heavy know he is skidding?.
Is it just that he doesnt deccelerate at the correct rate?
Rob White
2007-01-08 17:16:26 UTC
I don't know but no doubt somebody who does will let us know. I was on an
Excel 373 flight that landed there on the 29th December during appalling wet
weather with crosswind gusting up to 50kts. Before we left France the pilot
told that it would be a rough approach, he would "plant the aircraft on the
runway" and that the landing would be "immediate". The conditions were such
that he had to do a go-around, and when we landed on the 2nd attempt he
seemed to use all that the brakes had to offer and more reverse thrust and
normal, but we still only stopped at the end of the runway. The aircraft
after us skidded off and the runway was shut for an hour or so. From my
experience as a passenger the airlines do not seem to have been unreasonable
to kick up a fuss.

Rob
Post by Merryterry
The runway at Bristol has been out of action due to aircraft skidding
on the new surface. How does the pilot of a heavy know he is skidding?.
Is it just that he doesnt deccelerate at the correct rate?
It has removed 278 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!
Alan
2007-01-08 18:28:42 UTC
when he ends up in Mc Donalds burger bar across the road
David Perry
2007-01-14 22:08:06 UTC
You can feel a skid, just like in a car. I haave skidded the A320 and
it just, erm, skids! It judders and slides and you can feel a bloody
awful embarrassing juddering through your bum. Long live anti skid
brakes!

david
Paul Sengupta
2007-01-19 10:14:10 UTC
Post by Alan
Post by Merryterry
The runway at Bristol has been out of action due to aircraft skidding
on the new surface. How does the pilot of a heavy know he is skidding?.
Is it just that he doesnt deccelerate at the correct rate?
when he ends up in Mc Donalds burger bar across the road
You mean immediately, or after the enquiry? :-)