Duxford Spitfire anniversary
Andy G
2006-08-30 21:47:15 UTC
Any one going to Duxford this weekend for the spitfire anniversary???

If you are come and say hello, I'll be on the "Space Station" trade stand.

Cheers

Andy
w~s
2006-08-31 09:10:51 UTC
If the weather is OK i'am comming with a C206 Slot 09H33 OO-SPU

Walter
Andy
D. St-Sanvain
2006-09-04 21:45:29 UTC
Hello,
Post by w~s
If the weather is OK i'am comming with a C206 Slot 09H33 OO-SPU
I have a few pictures of it (one parked, two taking off), but I have to
sort, select, process all the others...
Post by w~s
Walter
Bye :)
--
D520
Site & chat : http://d520.online.fr
http://tagazous.free.fr/affichage.php?photographe=D.%20St-Sanvain
D. St-Sanvain
2006-09-09 22:31:58 UTC
Hello,
Post by w~s
If the weather is OK i'am comming with a C206 Slot 09H33 OO-SPU
Here is it :
http://tagazous.free.fr/affichage2.php?img=4723

Bye :)
Geoff
2006-09-17 09:56:07 UTC
On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 00:31:58 +0200, D. St-Sanvain
Post by D. St-Sanvain
Hello,
Post by w~s
If the weather is OK i'am comming with a C206 Slot 09H33 OO-SPU
http://tagazous.free.fr/affichage2.php?img=4723
Bye :)
Not as good as P-51
http://www.mustangsmustangs.net/p-51/p51sforsale/4413016mar2003.shtml
Greg
2006-08-31 09:35:16 UTC
A couple of points that might be of interest to visitors to avoid
disappointment, I was there on Monday and the Airspace hanger is closed
until 2007 even though the gems of the collection are already hidden inside,
so don't expect to see them. Also there were was already a wall of corporate
tents completely blocking the view of the centre of the flight line and more
were being built, so if you 'only' pay £28 for a standard ticket you're
basically going to be squashed up at either end, I've never seen so many
tents!. It is a good participation list though.
Greg
Andy
Andy G
2006-08-31 23:16:05 UTC
I did hear that they were opening part of the Air Space Hangar for the
weekend so people may get a quick preview.

I know my Son was disappointed when we couldn't get in there last weekend.

See you all there

Andy

Mr Andrew R Green B.Sc(Hons) FRAS.
Andy
Greg
2006-09-01 21:47:02 UTC
Post by Andy G
I did hear that they were opening part of the Air Space Hangar for the
weekend so people may get a quick preview.
I know my Son was disappointed when we couldn't get in there last weekend.
Well I would hope they would for £28 a ticket!, but all I can say is the
posters outside it were very clear it wasn't going to be open again until
2007 due to the second stage of aircraft installation or something like
that, and I can't see how the situation can change drastically from Monday
to Saturday, if they can open it tomorrow they should have done so on Monday
for all those bank holiday visitors. I would call first if it's important to
you.
Greg
Neil G
2006-09-02 08:15:47 UTC
On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 22:47:02 +0100, "Greg"
Post by Greg
Post by Andy G
I did hear that they were opening part of the Air Space Hangar for the
weekend so people may get a quick preview.
I know my Son was disappointed when we couldn't get in there last weekend.
Well I would hope they would for £28 a ticket!, but all I can say is the
posters outside it were very clear it wasn't going to be open again until
2007 due to the second stage of aircraft installation or something like
that, and I can't see how the situation can change drastically from Monday
to Saturday, if they can open it tomorrow they should have done so on Monday
for all those bank holiday visitors. I would call first if it's important to
you.
Greg
On that score:
http://duxford.iwm.org.uk/server/show/ConWebDoc.3621

Well worth signing up to Friends fo Duxford, esp if you intend going
at least twice a year. I got a big discount (25%) on my flying jacket
last Christmas.

http://duxford.iwm.org.uk/server/show/nav.00d00i003

* Free* admission to the Imperial War Museum Duxford
* FAST-TRACK admission*
* 20% discount on air show 'on the day' ticket prices plus Free
access to the Friends' flightline marquee on air show days, with
unrivalled views of the display
* Free subscription to Duxford News, the Duxford magazine
published three times a year personalised membership card with your
own membership number
* 20% discount in the Museum shops at Duxford and other IWM
branches' shops
* 20% Discount on airfield landing fees
* 20% Discount on Duxford's Special Interest Days
* 20% Discount in Duxford's Runway Restaurant, Coffee Shop and
Café Duxford
* 10% Discount on Classic Wings pleasure flights and vouchers. For
more information call Classic Wings on 0870 902 6146 or visit
www.classic-wings.co.uk
Greg
2006-09-02 08:50:55 UTC
Post by Neil G
Well worth signing up to Friends fo Duxford
Yes I looked at it, but as I like 4 hours away I can't visit as often as I
would like so wouldn't benefit from it.
Greg
Andy G

Greg
Peter Twydell
2006-09-03 20:03:13 UTC
Post by Greg
Post by Neil G
Well worth signing up to Friends fo Duxford
Yes I looked at it, but as I like 4 hours away I can't visit as often as I
would like so wouldn't benefit from it.
Greg
We were going to take the 20-month-old grandson to Duxford today, but
decided not to because all day in that wind wouldn't have been too
comfortable. Went elsewhere instead for a day out, then SWMBO decided
that the Swiss Garden at Old Warden would be worth a visit, so we went
there too. The Shuttleworth Air Pageant had been cancelled, and the
bloke on the gate said that Duxford had been as well. Obviously not,
from your post. I did see (at home) a finger four of Spitfires heading
in the direction of Duxford at about 1750. The RNHAF Sea Fury did
display at OW, though.
.
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!
Andy G
2006-09-03 21:09:27 UTC
Yeah it went ok in the end though I do expect it was a scaled down display.
At one point we had a display of 8 spits, probably consisting of the 4 you
mentioned ant others from Duxford, that was superb. The F15's from
Lakenheath got us off to a start as they did on Saturday, the hawk did a
display as did the Sabre. Then the spits and a plethora of other stuff,
Corsairs etc.

The wind was not good (we had to hold to physically hold our marquee
downhill about 2 when things got under way but it got better just gusty, but
all in all a good display considering.

£28 was a bit steep I must admit, but then again I didn't have to pay :)

Ying tong iddle-i po!
Neil G
2006-09-03 22:09:19 UTC
Post by Andy G
Yeah it went ok in the end though I do expect it was a scaled down display.
At one point we had a display of 8 spits, probably consisting of the 4 you
mentioned ant others from Duxford, that was superb. The F15's from
Lakenheath got us off to a start as they did on Saturday, the hawk did a
display as did the Sabre. Then the spits and a plethora of other stuff,
Corsairs etc.
The wind was not good (we had to hold to physically hold our marquee
downhill about 2 when things got under way but it got better just gusty, but
all in all a good display considering.
£28 was a bit steep I must admit, but then again I didn't have to pay :)
Cheers
Andy
Mr Andrew R Green B.Sc(Hons) FRAS.
Andy, have they put the old engine collection from the Superhangar
back into its new Airspace incarnation?

Neil
B.Sc. (Hons) (not a member of the RAeS!)
Andy G
2006-09-04 09:28:31 UTC
LOl Cheers Neil.

I only managed to have a quick squint inside as I was there exhibiting, so
not sure re the engines. It looks great, though I cant help but think there
should at least be a little area dedicated to UK Space Flight as well.

Cheers

Andy
D. St-Sanvain
2006-09-04 21:20:10 UTC
Hello,
...then SWMBO...
Sorry, I need a little help in English, here :)
the bloke on the gate said that Duxford had
been as well.
I've heard that a lot of other meetings in UK had been canceled, of
which the Red Bulls Air Race.
I did see (at home) a finger
four of Spitfires heading in the direction of Duxford at about 1750.
Probably a Mustang (OFMC, yellow nose) and three Spifire, which landed
after the show. It was a little late for the flypast, but nevertheless
a good surprise :)

Bye
Peter Twydell
2006-09-05 12:58:02 UTC
Post by D. St-Sanvain
Hello,
...then SWMBO...
Sorry, I need a little help in English, here :)
She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed.
Originally from the novel 'She' by Sir Henry Rider Haggard, about
Ayesha, the queen of a lost land. The expression became popular in the
UK from the TV series 'Rumpole of the Bailey', about a barrister.
Rumpole always referred ' to his wife as She Who Must Be Obeyed, and the
abbreviation has now become the norm in newsgroups.
Post by D. St-Sanvain
I've heard that a lot of other meetings in UK had been canceled, of
which the Red Bulls Air Race.
I did see (at home) a finger four of Spitfires heading in the
direction of Duxford at about 1750.
Probably a Mustang (OFMC, yellow nose) and three Spifire, which landed
after the show. It was a little late for the flypast, but nevertheless
a good surprise :)
Whoops. My excuse is that I only caught a glimpse of them as the
disappeared behind the house next door.
Post by D. St-Sanvain
Bye
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!
Greg
2006-09-03 21:09:48 UTC
Post by Andy G
The hangar was open al day yesterday and today.
The weather was a bit rough yesterday with only a small display but today
was great.
I'm glad they opened it over the weekend, but would like to know why they
didn't for the thousands of us who turned up on the bank holiday Monday, and
why they saw fit to lie to us with posters saying it could not now be opened
until 2007 for safety reasons?. Hopefully not just a cover up for a cynical
money saving exercise by avoiding paying the necessary staff to work on a
bank holiday...

Greg