Tandem Rotor Helicopter
Andy Jacobs
2007-06-15 18:26:38 UTC
Evening all

Hopefully this is the right place to post a question like this.

A couple of minutes ago a green helicopter with tandem rotors flew low over
my house. It looked smaller than a Chinook and the nose was squarer in
comparison as well.

I've looked on Wikipedia etc but I can't find anything even close.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers
--
Andy Jacobs
http://www.redcatmedia.co.uk
me

http://www.redcatmedia.co.uk
Andy Jacobs
2007-06-15 20:08:05 UTC
Tricky to tell for sure. This seemed very boxy. It was military green
flying fast and low from over the Solent head North towards, maybe Odiham.
The page you point to would possibly preclude this as there is no mention of
UK use.

Andy
http://www.redcatmedia.co.uk
me
2007-06-16 13:12:19 UTC
I don't think the UK has ever used them, but I've seen them operate into
Prestwick from US ships on NATO exercises off the Firth of Clyde. If it
arrived from the Solent, it could have been operating from a ship in the
Channel? I must admit though, I haven't seen one in green - only grey.

Eddie