Thats was good landing
zaax
2006-10-08 19:49:57 UTC
http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=51.156993~-0.162861&style=a&lv
l=18&scene=4269834
--
zaax
"nightjar" .uk.com>
2006-10-08 23:49:31 UTC
Post by zaax
http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=51.156993~-0.162861&style=a&lv
l=18&scene=4269834
The aircraft, which I presume was used for training cabin staff, was removed
some time ago, which I think is a pity.

Colin Bignell
Stephen
2006-10-09 08:35:13 UTC
Post by "nightjar" .uk.com>
The aircraft, which I presume was used for training cabin staff, was
removed some time ago, which I think is a pity.
The aircraft is (was) a Handley Page Herald and was there to entertain the
visitors to the now closed 'Skyview' viewing area at Gatwick. Next to it
you can see the nose section of a Comet.

Stephen
Rob White
2006-10-09 16:50:23 UTC
Am I missing something? What am I supposed to be looking at?

Rob
zaax
Pointer
2006-10-09 18:05:55 UTC
Post by Rob White
Am I missing something? What am I supposed to be looking at?
Rob
Well it took a while to focus in but I eventually saw 2 planes sharing one
runway , tail to tail.
hairy, except that we all know the satellite pics we see are merged from
several exposures.

"nightjar" .uk.com>
2006-10-09 18:42:43 UTC
Post by Rob White
Am I missing something? What am I supposed to be looking at?
The aircraft parked on the building roof.

Colin Bignell
Dave K
2006-10-12 19:16:06 UTC
Post by zaax
http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=51.156993~-0.162861&style=a&lv
l=18&scene=4269834
Pity the pictures are so old. Just looked up my house and it's
missing an extension that was put on 5 years ago. Not really a reliable
resource...

Dave