Tony Blairs' Airforce 1
Clive
2006-06-20 18:24:02 UTC
Anyone know what two aircraft the PM is going to get?

Clive
Mike Lindsay
2006-06-20 19:24:54 UTC
Post by Clive
Anyone know what two aircraft the PM is going to get?
Clive
DC3?
Mike Lindsay
Clive
2006-06-20 21:18:49 UTC
On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 20:24:54 +0100, Mike Lindsay
Post by Clive
Anyone know what two aircraft the PM is going to get?
Clive
DC3?
I heard a 737 and long range mentioned in the same article.

Whats the max range of a 737 - assuming long range tanks, etc.

Surely a 737 can't be certified to flky non stop over the pond?

Clive
Peter
2006-06-20 21:27:20 UTC
It can if it's N-reg :) :)
david
2006-06-20 22:12:33 UTC
Doesn't need to. It could NAT Track.

Anyway, a PRIVATE plane could random track.

"Our" A320s can go straight across on random tracks(they have done!).

It can if it's N-reg :) :)
HVB
2006-06-21 11:36:31 UTC
Post by Clive
I heard a 737 and long range mentioned in the same article.
Whats the max range of a 737 - assuming long range tanks, etc.
The 737 BBJ has a range 5365 nm with 50 pax, according to Boeing's web
site. The BBJ2 has marginally longer range.

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/bbj/html/index_html.html (The BBJ,
Performance)

Hmmm... is the choice of aircraft indicative of Tony's allegiance? Go
for Boeing and show George that he's still sucking up, or go for the
European option of an Airbus Corporate Jetliner - which also has
trans-Atlantic range.

HVB
david

HVB
Bernardo Gui
One with a nice saw cut part of the way through the main spar would be nice.
Dave
2006-06-20 19:56:59 UTC
Post by Clive
Anyone know what two aircraft the PM is going to get?
Clive
Will they be called Blairforce 1 and 2?

Dave
Surfer!
2006-06-21 06:48:24 UTC
Post by Dave
Post by Clive
Anyone know what two aircraft the PM is going to get?
Clive
Will they be called Blairforce 1 and 2?
Suggestion on the news (radio 4) this morning that they won't be in
service before he leaves #10.
Post by Dave
Dave
--
Surfer!
Email to: ramwater at uk2 dot net
david
2006-06-20 22:13:46 UTC
I'd have thought a stealth aircraft for starters, that way no one can see
what the little sh** is up to.

And the second one might be a chinook...then no one could tell if he's
coming or going.

Clive
Keith W
2006-06-20 22:33:28 UTC
Post by david
And the second one might be a chinook...then no one could tell if he's
coming or going.
Even he doesn't know that! 8-)

Keith
Peter
2006-06-21 05:50:36 UTC
Post by david
And the second one might be a chinook...then no one could tell if he's
coming or going.
Bad choice - will make the temporary Class A last 5 hours :)