East Midlands Airport
Mike38
2006-12-08 11:00:12 UTC
Nottingham East Midlands Airport has reverted to the name East Midlands
Airport. The use of Nottingham to describe it was odd, the Airport is
in Leicestershire and has a Derbyshire telephone number. Any Comments?
David Wright
2006-12-08 11:10:26 UTC
Post by Mike38
Nottingham East Midlands Airport has reverted to the name East Midlands
Airport. The use of Nottingham to describe it was odd, the Airport is
in Leicestershire and has a Derbyshire telephone number. Any Comments?
I read that the new name was "East Midlands Airport - Nottingham, Leicester,
Derby". Now that's a mouthful.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6220118.stm

D.
Rob White

D.
james
2006-12-08 14:35:39 UTC
Post by Mike38
Nottingham East Midlands Airport has reverted to the name East Midlands
Airport. The use of Nottingham to describe it was odd, the Airport is
in Leicestershire and has a Derbyshire telephone number. Any Comments?
I never understood why it was called Nottingham in the first place, it's
miles away...
flybywire
2006-12-08 20:31:37 UTC
so is derby and Leicester

lets see

if Doncaster airport can be called Robin Hood
if Liverpool can be John Lennon

why not have Brian Clough and at least two cities will be happy

Mike