Aviation related sites/museums between Cambridge and RAF Cosford
D. St-Sanvain
2006-07-01 16:19:03 UTC
Hello,

I'm coming to Great-Britain next week-end with some friends to attend
the Flying Legens show in Duxford. We also plan to wisit the
Shuttleworth Collection on Friday, and RAF Cosford on Monday.
Do you know some little museums between Cambridge and Cosford, where we
could spend about one hour during our car trip (things like preserved
buildings old RAF airfields, or memorials like the one between
Folkestone and Capel le Ferne)?

Thanks in advance,
--
D520
Site & chat : http://d520.online.fr
http://tagazous.free.fr/affichage.php?photographe=D.%20St-Sanvain
Merryterry
2006-07-04 13:59:17 UTC
Post by D. St-Sanvain
Hello,
I'm coming to Great-Britain next week-end with some friends to attend
the Flying Legens show in Duxford. We also plan to wisit the
Shuttleworth Collection on Friday, and RAF Cosford on Monday.
Do you know some little museums between Cambridge and Cosford, where we
could spend about one hour during our car trip (things like preserved
buildings old RAF airfields, or memorials like the one between
Folkestone and Capel le Ferne)?
Thanks in advance,
The roads you will use between Duxford and Cosford (M11-A14-M6-M54) are
prone to hold ups. Why not keep that hour? M6 is a particular shocker
at present.

However there is a nice little museum at Coventry Airport. Come off M6
at Jnc 2. Follow directions to A46 (round Coventry to the East).
Airport is on south east side of Coventry just off A46. Retrace route
back to M6.

Museum has the cockpit of a Vulcan that you can enter etc etc.

Welcome and hope you enjoy your stay.

p.s If you have never been to Duxford before you will want to spend
extra time there I bet.
D. St-Sanvain
2006-07-04 16:05:05 UTC
Post by Merryterry
Post by D. St-Sanvain
Hello,
I'm coming to Great-Britain next week-end with some friends to attend
the Flying Legens show in Duxford. We also plan to wisit the
Shuttleworth Collection on Friday, and RAF Cosford on Monday.
Do you know some little museums between Cambridge and Cosford, where we
could spend about one hour during our car trip (things like preserved
buildings old RAF airfields, or memorials like the one between
Folkestone and Capel le Ferne)?
Thanks in advance,
The roads you will use between Duxford and Cosford (M11-A14-M6-M54) are
prone to hold ups.
I had to check this meaning of "hold-up" in my Harrap's ;) A funny
(now...) thing, during our very first trip to Cambridge, we were, so,
"held up" between London and Cambridge in a traffic jam : the Police
had blocked the motorway, because of a "hold up", a robbery near
Norwich...
Post by Merryterry
Why not keep that hour? M6 is a particular shocker
at present.
We'll see. First thing, we'll drive to Cosford, and on the way back, if
we have time, we'll try somrthing else.
Post by Merryterry
However there is a nice little museum at Coventry Airport. Come off M6
at Jnc 2. Follow directions to A46 (round Coventry to the East).
Airport is on south east side of Coventry just off A46. Retrace route
back to M6.
Museum has the cockpit of a Vulcan that you can enter etc etc.
Thanks ! I keep it as B plan. Perhaps we'll find some "flyers" (the
paper ones, I mean) and go to check other places.
Post by Merryterry
Welcome and hope you enjoy your stay.
p.s If you have never been to Duxford before you will want to spend
extra time there I bet.
Well, we have been there regularly, for about ten years now. We just
want to explore places further than Cambridgeshire limits :) But we
don't become indifferent :)

Bye,