duxford
w~s
2006-08-18 16:37:50 UTC
We (three pilot friend and i) intend to visit Duxford during the Spitfire
Anniversary on 2-3 september

Unfortunatly it is very difficult for us to find some accomodation on this
dates

Can someone tell me if there is a possibility to camp on the site or nearby
? Or some other lodging

Thank's

Walter
Peter Twydell
2006-08-18 17:59:14 UTC
Post by w~s
We (three pilot friend and i) intend to visit Duxford during the Spitfire
Anniversary on 2-3 september
Unfortunatly it is very difficult for us to find some accomodation on this
dates
Can someone tell me if there is a possibility to camp on the site or nearby
? Or some other lodging
Thank's
Walter
Camping on site is definitely not possible. Try Googling for "Camping
Duxford". Plenty of hits.
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!
Neil G
2006-08-18 20:30:03 UTC
On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 18:59:14 +0100, Peter Twydell
Post by Peter Twydell
Post by w~s
We (three pilot friend and i) intend to visit Duxford during the Spitfire
Anniversary on 2-3 september
Unfortunatly it is very difficult for us to find some accomodation on this
dates
Can someone tell me if there is a possibility to camp on the site or nearby
? Or some other lodging
Thank's
Walter
Camping on site is definitely not possible. Try Googling for "Camping
Duxford". Plenty of hits.
Any room at the Red Lion, Whittlesford? If I could live in a pint of
their Adnams Broadside... :)
Tim Ward
I have difficulty believing that all Cambridge hotels will be full.
w~s

VinMan
2006-08-19 19:30:43 UTC
Post by w~s
I didn't found any hotel in Cambrigde with 4 double room's avalaible from
the 1st til 3 september
4 persons : two double rooms should be enough eh ?
;)
--
VinMan

www.ciel-et-partage.org
L'aviation pour trait d'union
Peter
2006-08-20 06:37:53 UTC
Post by VinMan
Post by w~s
I didn't found any hotel in Cambrigde with 4 double room's avalaible from
the 1st til 3 september
4 persons : two double rooms should be enough eh ?
;)
No, if you are French then one room with one large bed is just fine :)

If you are British, 4 rooms.
Tim Ward
2006-08-20 20:02:37 UTC
Post by w~s
I didn't found any hotel in Cambrigde with 4 double room's avalaible from
the 1st til 3 september
Oh, OK, fair enough. I wonder why? - it's not usually like that.
--
Tim Ward - posting as an individual unless otherwise clear
Cambridge Accommodation Notice Board - www.brettward.co.uk/canb
Cambridge City Councillor
Tim Duke
2006-08-19 11:20:21 UTC
Post by w~s
We (three pilot friend and i) intend to visit Duxford during the Spitfire
Anniversary on 2-3 september
Unfortunatly it is very difficult for us to find some accomodation on
this dates
Can someone tell me if there is a possibility to camp on the site or
nearby ? Or some other lodging
Thank's
Walter
You could try:

Cambridge Motel
A10 London Rd, Shepreth, Royston, Hertfordshire SG8 6QZ
Tel: 01763 260414

which is about 8 mile from Cambridge and 5 miles from Duxford on the A10.
It's a nice place but because it is so far out from Cambridge is rarely
busy.

Or if you want to camp, try http://www.appleacrepark.co.uk/welcome.htm

They are based in a village next to Dx. You will have to supply your own
tent or caravan though.

Tim
David Cartwright
2006-08-19 15:53:34 UTC
Post by w~s
We (three pilot friend and i) intend to visit Duxford during the Spitfire
Anniversary on 2-3 september
Unfortunatly it is very difficult for us to find some accomodation on
this dates
Can someone tell me if there is a possibility to camp on the site or
nearby ? Or some other lodging
You could try the hotel chains such as Holiday Inn, TraveLodge and Travel
Inn. I've also found www.laterooms.com very useful for finding rooms in
hotels I'd not thought of.

Or you could even try holiday cottage agencies such as Sykes Cottages
(www.sykescottages.co.uk) or Cottages4You (www.cottages4you.com) - you can
often get short breaks for a good price, and I know someone who often books
a self-catering cottage when she's working away on business, as she perfers
it to a hotel!

David C
Declaration of interest: I consult for Sykes, and used to consult for the
C4U, but no, I'm not on commission :-)
Gerald Gardner