Yorkshire Airstrips
Ben Chapman
2006-11-10 17:24:35 UTC
Think I posted something along these lines a few months ago, but
thought I'd give it another pop in case anyone has learnt more over the
summer!

My girlfriend's familly live just NW of Harrogate, which is a bloody
long drive or rather short flight away from Oxford. I'm trying to find
a private strip nearby suitable for an RV4 (v.short ground rolls, but
fairly long LDR due to the slipperyness). The nearest
advertised/public airfield is Rufforth, York, which is very welcoming
and has hosted us in the past, but is a 50 minute drive for the folk to
pick us up - a round trip that isn't so welcomed by them!

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,

Ben.
Neil G
2006-11-10 22:13:12 UTC
On 10 Nov 2006 09:24:35 -0800, "Ben Chapman"
Post by Ben Chapman
Think I posted something along these lines a few months ago, but
thought I'd give it another pop in case anyone has learnt more over the
summer!
My girlfriend's familly live just NW of Harrogate, which is a bloody
long drive or rather short flight away from Oxford. I'm trying to find
a private strip nearby suitable for an RV4 (v.short ground rolls, but
fairly long LDR due to the slipperyness). The nearest
advertised/public airfield is Rufforth, York, which is very welcoming
and has hosted us in the past, but is a 50 minute drive for the folk to
pick us up - a round trip that isn't so welcomed by them!
Does anyone have any ideas?
Cheers,
Ben.
Got a copy of Lockyears?

Had a gander on maps.google. Nearest is the other side of Ripon, but
closer than Rufforth, namely Bagby or Sutton Bank (gliders). Have you
tried RAF Dishforth/Topcliffe?