Airdraft Question
Doug Stewart
2006-08-14 02:08:31 UTC
Anyone able to shed some light on what this green aircraft parked at
Heathrow is?

http://tinyurl.com/onnch

Thanks for any input.

mordin_x
Les Hemmings
2006-08-14 06:35:07 UTC
Post by Doug Stewart
Anyone able to shed some light on what this green aircraft parked at
Heathrow is?
http://tinyurl.com/onnch
Thanks for any input.
mordin_x
Tri-Star with wings cut off for fire exercises?

Les
--
Remove Frontal Lobes to reply direct.

http://armsofmorpheus.blogspot.com/

http://www.xenu.net/

http://www.venganza.org/index.htm

Les Hemmings a.a #2251 SA
Eeyore
2006-08-15 16:12:41 UTC
Post by Les Hemmings
Post by Doug Stewart
Anyone able to shed some light on what this green aircraft parked at
Heathrow is?
http://tinyurl.com/onnch
Thanks for any input.
mordin_x
Tri-Star with wings cut off for fire exercises?
Not even a Tristar. It's a funny mock-up with a 747 style nose. I've seen it a
few times at LHR. It's used indeed for fire training.

Graham
Les Hemmings
2006-08-15 20:02:17 UTC
Post by Eeyore
Post by Les Hemmings
Post by Doug Stewart
Anyone able to shed some light on what this green aircraft parked at
Heathrow is?
http://tinyurl.com/onnch
Thanks for any input.
mordin_x
Tri-Star with wings cut off for fire exercises?
Not even a Tristar. It's a funny mock-up with a 747 style nose. I've
seen it a few times at LHR. It's used indeed for fire training.
Graham
Will bow to first hand experience. I went on the position of the wings,
engine on tail etc.

Les

Les Hemmings a.a #2251 SA
James Hart
2006-08-15 20:17:52 UTC
Post by Les Hemmings
Post by Eeyore
Post by Les Hemmings
Post by Doug Stewart
Anyone able to shed some light on what this green aircraft parked
at Heathrow is?
http://tinyurl.com/onnch
Thanks for any input.
mordin_x
Tri-Star with wings cut off for fire exercises?
Not even a Tristar. It's a funny mock-up with a 747 style nose. I've
seen it a few times at LHR. It's used indeed for fire training.
Graham
Will bow to first hand experience. I went on the position of the
wings, engine on tail etc.
At a guess I'd say it has all the elements likely to be encountered by the
fire service, an section with 2 levels like a 747, engines on the wings +
one in the tail to simulate various combinations etc

Les Hemmings
2006-08-14 06:48:15 UTC
http://picavia.foxalpha.com/picture.php?Aircraft=47&id=3203&size=m

Les Hemmings a.a #2251 SA
Steve S
2006-08-14 08:49:57 UTC
Post by Doug Stewart
Anyone able to shed some light on what this green aircraft parked at
Heathrow is?
http://tinyurl.com/onnch
Thanks for any input.
AFAIK it isn't, and never was, an aircraft, but a mock-up made of steel
plate for fire/rescue training.

HTH,

Steve S
david

mordin_x
News_Demon
2006-08-14 14:21:57 UTC
Post by Doug Stewart
Anyone able to shed some light on what this green aircraft parked at
Heathrow is?
http://tinyurl.com/onnch
Thanks for any input.
mordin_x