obtaining FAA PPL/IR from JAR CPL/IR?
Ric
2007-08-23 06:27:53 UTC
Can anybody point to a link or offer advice on how best to obtain an FAA
PPL/IR/ME? I hold JAR CPL/IR/ME so is this a straight swap? Can I get FAA
CPL too? Don't really need the FAA CPL, but maybe it would be handy if the
hassle involved is not too much..
Peter
2007-08-23 16:51:23 UTC
Post by Ric
Can anybody point to a link or offer advice on how best to obtain an FAA
PPL/IR/ME? I hold JAR CPL/IR/ME so is this a straight swap? Can I get FAA
CPL too? Don't really need the FAA CPL, but maybe it would be handy if the
hassle involved is not too much..
Here's a start :)

http://www.peter2000.co.uk/aviation/faa-pplir/pplir.html

Personally I would always go for a *standalone* FAA thingy rather than
piggyback, otherwise you are building a house of cards where
everything depends on everything in JAA-land (or EASA-land once they
take over FCL) being just right.

If you want to do any standalone stuff in the UK (i.e. without going
to the USA) drop me an email as I have a good (honest) contact.

Peter.
E-mail replies to ***@peter2000AB.co.uk but remove the A and the B.