Passed it..at last!
david
2006-08-07 21:19:49 UTC
Well today I passed my flying instructors test. Bloody hard. The hardest
course I have done, largely because I did it part time to fit in with work,
partly because it's well through the summer season now and the earlies and
lates of the airlin business are taking their toll in fatigue.
Excellent course at Old Sarum though...I'd recommend them to anyone.

Thought I'd share that pass with you!

David
Peter
Well done David. Can you also teach the IMC Rating?
david
2006-08-08 08:37:35 UTC
Peter, thanks.

No I can't do the IMC stuff yet - any "Applied IF" in fact - as a new
instructor. The applied IF is another "add-on" course I'd have to do and
I'm not up to another brain bashing yet.

I nheed to unrestrict the FI ticket first!

David
Neil G

When and where do you start?
david
2006-08-09 15:29:50 UTC
Re starting to train...dunno.

I need to sort out the actual "rubber stamp" bit with the CAA then actually
get "on the books" with the school. I'll let you know tho8ugh.

As for becoming an examiner...flip! My brain ain't that good! I thought you
had to be RAF to examine!!

I can do Bianuals though. They'll cost you a beer of it's your own plane.
Unlike the rather dodgy offer a mate once had when he went to see a plane he
was interested in. He was told that if h bought the plane he'd get the
sellers wife in a hotel for the weekend as a sweetener!!!
He didn't buy.

David
When and where do you start?
Simon Hobson
2006-08-13 15:29:25 UTC
Post by david
Unlike the rather dodgy offer a mate once had when he went to see a plane he
was interested in. He was told that if h bought the plane he'd get the
sellers wife in a hotel for the weekend as a sweetener!!!
He didn't buy.
That bad eh ? But what was the plane like ?

:-)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

pietro
2006-08-09 12:21:40 UTC
Well done. - So when do you do the examiner?
Then we can come to you for the signatures:-)
VinMan
2006-08-09 19:17:12 UTC
Post by david
Thought I'd share that pass with you!
Thanks you, congrats David and.... am bloody thirsty now !
;)
--
VinMan

www.ciel-et-partage.org