Information on flying schools
Slinks
2006-08-07 20:16:19 UTC
Hi all,

im looking for some advice from anyone who has undergone PPL training in the
north west. I live on the Wirral and want to start PPL training sooner
rather than later.

I am considering starting training either at Chester Flying School based at
Hawarden airport or Liverpool Flying School based at liverpool airport. I
live pretty much halfway between and would like to make my decision based on
where i will get the most out of the training.

Have any of you trained at either of these FTOs? I would appreciate any
comments, both positive and negative to help me with my decision.

Thanks

Slinks

================================
UkJay
2006-08-08 10:54:40 UTC
Post by Slinks
Hi all,
im looking for some advice from anyone who has undergone PPL training in the
north west. I live on the Wirral and want to start PPL training sooner
rather than later.
I am considering starting training either at Chester Flying School based at
Hawarden airport or Liverpool Flying School based at liverpool airport. I
live pretty much halfway between and would like to make my decision based on
where i will get the most out of the training.
Have any of you trained at either of these FTOs? I would appreciate any
comments, both positive and negative to help me with my decision.
Thanks
Slinks
================================
Hi Slinks

Don't these places offer a free trial?
Sorry can't comment on either of the Schools you mention as I am just
interested in aviation only.
Have you thought about Manchester(Barton)? I have visited Barton & they
seem friendly enough ;-)

James(UkJay)

http://www.ukjay.co.uk
Slinks
2006-08-08 21:07:39 UTC
Post by UkJay
Post by Slinks
[...]
Thanks James,

Barton is a bit too far for me, too much traffic on the M62. Im going to
book
a trial lesson at both schools, was just hoping to benefit from the
experiences of
anyone who had been to them.

Slinks
Pointer
2006-08-08 22:03:47 UTC
Post by Slinks
Thanks James,
Barton is a bit too far for me, too much traffic on the M62. Im going to
book
a trial lesson at both schools, was just hoping to benefit from the
experiences of
anyone who had been to them.
Slinks
Harwarden has the reputation of being much the cheaper place to learn,
additionally each visit you save £2.60p in Tunnel fares!
and your car is safer in the car park!
Good Luck