Confuser for ATPL ?
Alt Beer
2006-10-02 19:24:47 UTC
Is there an equivalent to the PPL Confuser for the ATPL?

Thanks
Chris
2006-10-02 22:49:44 UTC
Post by Alt Beer
Is there an equivalent to the PPL Confuser for the ATPL?
Thanks
No, you have to do an approved course for the ATPL besides which the whole
thing is confusing anyway. There are 14 subjects for the ATPL
Alt Beer
2006-10-03 08:32:05 UTC
Post by Chris
Post by Alt Beer
Is there an equivalent to the PPL Confuser for the ATPL?
No, you have to do an approved course for the ATPL besides which the whole
thing is confusing anyway. There are 14 subjects for the ATPL
Is there a resource which has example exam questions covering the 14
subjects?.

Thanks
Peter
2006-10-03 08:34:20 UTC
Post by Alt Beer
Post by Chris
Post by Alt Beer
Is there an equivalent to the PPL Confuser for the ATPL?
No, you have to do an approved course for the ATPL besides which the whole
thing is confusing anyway. There are 14 subjects for the ATPL
Is there a resource which has example exam questions covering the 14
subjects?.
Thanks
Speaking of the *JAA* ATPL the Germans released all the exam questions
under their FOI Act; this got translated into English very recently,
so you can now get all the exam questions to practice with.

Just like the FAA has been doing for years.

I don't know where you can get it but can probably find out.

Peter.
E-mail replies to ***@peter2000XY.co.uk but remove the X and the Y.
Alt Beer
2006-10-03 08:45:52 UTC
Post by Peter
Post by Alt Beer
Post by Chris
Post by Alt Beer
Is there an equivalent to the PPL Confuser for the ATPL?
No, you have to do an approved course for the ATPL besides which the whole
thing is confusing anyway. There are 14 subjects for the ATPL
Is there a resource which has example exam questions covering the 14
subjects?.
Speaking of the *JAA* ATPL the Germans released all the exam questions
under their FOI Act; this got translated into English very recently,
so you can now get all the exam questions to practice with.
Just like the FAA has been doing for years.
I don't know where you can get it but can probably find out.
Peter.
Interesting. I suppose the FAA ones may be on line ??

I'll search for the JAA German translated ones.
Peter
2006-10-03 09:49:53 UTC
Post by Alt Beer
Post by Peter
Post by Alt Beer
Is there a resource which has example exam questions covering the 14
subjects?.
Speaking of the *JAA* ATPL the Germans released all the exam questions
under their FOI Act; this got translated into English very recently,
so you can now get all the exam questions to practice with.
Just like the FAA has been doing for years.
I don't know where you can get it but can probably find out.
Peter.
Interesting. I suppose the FAA ones may be on line ??
The FAA material is largely online on various websites; you can also
buy books with a CD, etc etc, various training material from between
50 and 150 quid.
I don't think they are online but could be totally wrong.
Alt Beer
2006-10-03 16:22:06 UTC
Post by Peter
Post by Alt Beer
Post by Alt Beer
I'll search for the JAA German translated ones.
I don't think they are online but could be totally wrong.
Has anyone tried this : (just spotted while searching)
http://www.wiljam.com/cdrom1.htm
Neil G
2006-10-05 18:22:02 UTC
Post by Alt Beer
Has anyone tried this : (just spotted while searching)
http://www.wiljam.com/cdrom1.htm
These are end-of-chapter exercises from the Atlantic Flight Training
ATPL course so aren't worth much inthe real-world. This guy is an
ex-student who has run away with the family silver. Don't buy, he is
ripping you off and I know the AFT boss isn't happy about it!

Need real exam questions? Bristol groundschool run
http://atponline.gs and is an absolute god-send. It is perhaps the
most up-to-date and you'll see most of the questions they have in your
paper.

Someone told me to look at www.aviationexam.com today. Worth
investigating. Seem unlike Bristol you can print you answers off and
works out a smite cheaper.

Neil

Surfer!
2006-10-03 12:06:01 UTC
Post by Peter
Post by Alt Beer
Post by Chris
Post by Alt Beer
Is there an equivalent to the PPL Confuser for the ATPL?
No, you have to do an approved course for the ATPL besides which the whole
thing is confusing anyway. There are 14 subjects for the ATPL
Is there a resource which has example exam questions covering the 14
subjects?.
Thanks
Speaking of the *JAA* ATPL the Germans released all the exam questions
under their FOI Act; this got translated into English very recently,
so you can now get all the exam questions to practice with.
Just like the FAA has been doing for years.
AFAIK the BGA has stopped doing this, as some students were simply
learning the answers to all the questions rather than the actual
reasoning.
--
Surfer!
Email to: ramwater at uk2 dot net
Peter
2006-10-03 13:56:16 UTC
Post by Surfer!
AFAIK the BGA has stopped doing this, as some students were simply
learning the answers to all the questions rather than the actual
reasoning.
Good for them. They should have had more questions in their question
bank!

The FAA has about 4000 questions for every exam subject and there is
no way (short of having a seriously weird brain) of learning them by
heart. I've done the FAA PPL and the FAA IR with loads of computer
revision and when I sat the real exams I could identify only a few
questions (out of 60) from the practice material.

If your question bank is just 25 questions, which it used to be for
the CAA/JAA PPL when I did mine (because everybody sat Paper #1 and
the only people who saw Paper #2 etc were those who failed #1) then
it's only a matter of time before students who have just sat the paper
record their recollections and pass them on, and within a short time
you get an underground publication which is available to everybody who
wants it. This is what happened with the JAA ATPL (before it became
overt); it was routine for ATPL exam students to study from "practice
questions" which were the real questions as remembered by people who
have just sat the paper.

The CAA/JAA exams, with their 25 questions, were just plain silly. How
can you test somebody's knowledge of *any* subject by asking 25
questions? Especially as quite a few of them are plain stupid, like
the year the ICAO convention was signed.

The FAA also has an oral exam of 1-3 hours which you will fail if you
don't know the stuff that matters.
Surfer!
2006-10-03 16:19:31 UTC
Post by Peter
Post by Surfer!
AFAIK the BGA has stopped doing this, as some students were simply
learning the answers to all the questions rather than the actual
reasoning.
Good for them. They should have had more questions in their question
bank!
Possibly - but you will be amazed how many answers some people will
learn just to be sure of passing an exam.

I don't know how big their bank was / is, but it was much more than 25
questions - after all the Bronze exam has 90 questions... :)
Chris
2006-10-03 17:47:21 UTC
Post by Peter
The FAA has about 4000 questions for every exam subject and there is
no way (short of having a seriously weird brain) of learning them by
heart. I've done the FAA PPL and the FAA IR with loads of computer
revision and when I sat the real exams I could identify only a few
questions (out of 60) from the practice material.
That is just not true,

The largest question banks have no more than 600.

To examine the question banks look here:

http://www.faa.gov/education_research/testing/airmen/test_questions/
Ross Younger
2006-10-03 09:31:31 UTC
Post by Alt Beer
Is there an equivalent to the PPL Confuser for the ATPL?
I suspect that the approved training providers each have their own
near-equivalent.

Ross
Ross Younger news#***@crazyscot.com (if N fails, try N+1)
Alt Beer
2006-10-03 11:47:44 UTC
Post by Ross Younger
Post by Alt Beer
Is there an equivalent to the PPL Confuser for the ATPL?
I suspect that the approved training providers each have their own
near-equivalent.
Ross
True but I am looking for something that would be available to me.
Just to see how many of the atpl questions I could answer.

Thanks
Chris
2006-10-03 17:53:53 UTC
Post by Alt Beer
Post by Ross Younger
Post by Alt Beer
Is there an equivalent to the PPL Confuser for the ATPL?
I suspect that the approved training providers each have their own
near-equivalent.
Ross
True but I am looking for something that would be available to me.
Just to see how many of the atpl questions I could answer.
Thanks
Try Ebay, there is usually someone there selling a question bank
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JAA-ATPL-26000-Question-bank-and-Annexs-Caps_W0QQitemZ160034244515QQihZ006QQcategoryZ4783QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

not too difficult really