FS; Something for the wet weather sir??
David Perry
2007-01-29 21:55:54 UTC
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Twister-V2-indoor-helicopter_W0QQitemZ220077011242QQihZ012QQcategoryZ123847QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Go on, you know it makes sense.

david
David Cartwright
2007-01-30 17:33:13 UTC
My parents bought me something not dissimilar from this for Christmas. The
slightly scary thing is that on the one I have, you get only two controls -
throttle for the main rotor (i.e. up/down) and speed for the tail rotor
(left/right yaw) - and thus there's no direct fore/aft control.

Instead, forward/backward has to be induced by the secondary effects of the
controls. Thus, application of a slight right yaw induces slight forward
motion (or gradually arrests backward flight), and the opposite applies when
left yaw is applied. Takes some getting used to, but I'm gradually managing
to make the crashes look more and more like landings. Fortunately it's a
robust little beastie, and I've not broken it yet.

D.
david
Peter
2007-01-30 20:30:34 UTC
Post by David Perry
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Twister-V2-indoor-helicopter_W0QQitemZ220077011242QQihZ012QQcategoryZ123847QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Go on, you know it makes sense.
david
My son has one (or two) of these and they are amazingly good. The
progress (from years ago) seems to be in much better yaw gyros. Very
easy to fly and land. His last one was about £150, including the radio
stuff. Much easier to fly than a ZOOM 400 bought a year before for
about £400.