Executive aircrafts
Robert Jarosz
2007-10-08 21:29:10 UTC
Please give me some examples of executive aircrafts for 6 people with piston
engine. I need to make an analysis of the evolution of such aircrafts during
last 30-40 years.

Rob
2007-10-10 20:40:02 UTC
Evolution? Devolution more like.
How the hell we went from Dove to Seneca in thirty years I'll never know!

david
Rob
Peter
2007-10-12 10:40:59 UTC
Post by Robert Jarosz
Please give me some examples of executive aircrafts for 6 people with piston
engine. I need to make an analysis of the evolution of such aircrafts during
last 30-40 years.
I gather this is a school assignment ;)

I don't think there has been any evolution on this front in the last
30 years. Maybe something was happening behind the Iron Curtain but in
the decadent West, piston twin development died in the 1970s.

Somebody is offering a diesel conversion of the Duke but that is at
least a 30 year old airframe, AFAIK.

The Diamond DA42 is a new piston twin (diesel) but it is a 4-seater.

Development in the "executive" market has been mostly single turboprop
(TBM700 etc, $3M) and perhaps one or two twin turboprops? The popular
King Air is very old too.

There is now a lot of development in the single turboprop market
again, e.g. the totally amazing Epic Dynasty which I would have
immediately if somebody gave me the $$$ and a hangar to park it :)

Then of course everybody and their dog is developing what are called
"very light jets" (VLJs)....... these are mostly 6-seaters but as with
most 6-seaters (except perhaps the Aztec, or a 421C if you want
pressurisation) by the time you put six fat Brits or Yanks in there
you can't carry much (or any) fuel. There are also some single engine
light jets e.g. Diamond, Cirrus and Eclipse all of which are a long
way from certification.

By "executive" I would assume one requires a ceiling of at least
25,000 feet and pressurisation and de-ice, to give a decent mission
capability.
Stefan
2007-10-12 20:08:43 UTC
Extra 400
Peter
2007-10-13 19:39:48 UTC
Post by Stefan
Extra 400
That's very true! I sat in one last week so should have remembered...
It's a very unusual airplane, with a liquid cooled Lycoming engine, a
25k ceiling, pressurised. It's a bit of a one-off though, and the
Extra 500 is a turboprop.

Mike Cawood, HND BIT
2007-10-12 16:04:45 UTC
Post by Robert Jarosz
Please give me some examples of executive aircrafts for 6 people with piston
engine. I need to make an analysis of the evolution of such aircrafts during
last 30-40 years.
Rob
De Havilland Dove, possibly (two DH Gipsy Queen piston engines ISTR).
Slightly more seats (up to 11).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Dove
There's a few here!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_by_category#Business_aircraft
Regards Mike.
Mike Cawood, HND BIT
2007-10-12 16:15:37 UTC
Post by Mike Cawood, HND BIT
Post by Robert Jarosz
Please give me some examples of executive aircrafts for 6 people with piston
engine. I need to make an analysis of the evolution of such aircrafts during
last 30-40 years.
Rob
De Havilland Dove, possibly (two DH Gipsy Queen piston engines ISTR).
Slightly more seats (up to 11).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Dove
There's a few here!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_by_category#Business_aircraft
Regards Mike.
A few more here by the former Beagle company
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beagle_Aircraft