Powered parachutes
NoSpam
2006-10-17 15:35:54 UTC
Does anyone here have any practical experience of powered parachutes?
I've talked about having a go at these for years but, apart from looking
at the BHPA site, I don't know anything about them or where to go to
learn - any suggestions or info?

Dave
John Blessing
2006-10-17 19:39:48 UTC
Does anyone here have any practical experience of powered parachutes? I've
talked about having a go at these for years but, apart from looking at the
BHPA site, I don't know anything about them or where to go to learn - any
suggestions or info?
Dave
I fly unpowered "parachutes" - paragliders. What you are referring to are
"paramotors". Though I have contacts in the Dorset/Hampshire area who fly
paramotors. If you are in that area, I can put you in touch.

If you look at the BHPA web site, there is a section for paramotoring at
http://www.bhpa.co.uk/paramotor/index.php,

Training is essential if you are not to endanger yourself (and others)

You might also visit the Sports & Leisure Aviation show at the NEC
Birmingham Saturday 2nd & Sunday 3rd December 2006 and talk to some of the
people on the stands.
--
John Blessing

businesses
for your meeting/class over the web.
http://www.lbetoolbox.com - Remove Duplicates from MS Outlook, find/replace,
send newsletters
NoSpam
2006-10-17 21:35:37 UTC
Post by John Blessing
Does anyone here have any practical experience of powered parachutes? I've
talked about having a go at these for years but, apart from looking at the
BHPA site, I don't know anything about them or where to go to learn - any
suggestions or info?
Dave
I fly unpowered "parachutes" - paragliders. What you are referring to are
"paramotors". Though I have contacts in the Dorset/Hampshire area who fly
paramotors. If you are in that area, I can put you in touch.
If you look at the BHPA web site, there is a section for paramotoring at
http://www.bhpa.co.uk/paramotor/index.php,
Training is essential if you are not to endanger yourself (and others)
You might also visit the Sports & Leisure Aviation show at the NEC
Birmingham Saturday 2nd & Sunday 3rd December 2006 and talk to some of the
people on the stands.
Thanks John, check your email.
I'm a fairly experienced aviator so would not self-teach in a totally
new (to me) class of flying machine.

Dave