Call signs
D. St-Sanvain
2010-02-21 20:47:28 UTC
Hello,

I have a question about the way of announcing a call sign on the radio
in GB.
In France, the aircraft registered "F-AZCC" will make its call as "Fox
Trott - Alpha Zulu - Charlie 2 fois" (for Charlie two times).

How do you proceed in GB ?
Charlie-Charlie ? Double-Charlie ? Charlie-2 times ?

Thanks :)
--
D(e l'aviation, rien que de l'aviation) 520
Site et chat : http://d520.online.fr
http://tagazous.free.fr/affichage.php?photographe=D.%20St-Sanvain
Tim Ward
2010-02-21 20:58:31 UTC
Post by D. St-Sanvain
How do you proceed in GB ?
Charlie-Charlie ? Double-Charlie ? Charlie-2 times ?
Charlie Charlie
--
Tim Ward - posting as an individual unless otherwise clear
Cambridge Accommodation Notice Board - www.brettward.co.uk/canb
Cambridge City Councillor
D. St-Sanvain
jan olieslagers
2010-02-21 22:28:15 UTC
Post by Tim Ward
Post by D. St-Sanvain
How do you proceed in GB ?
Charlie-Charlie ? Double-Charlie ? Charlie-2 times ?
Charlie Charlie
So was I thaught (sp?), also.
(took the radio exam recently, with flying colours)
brian whatcott
2010-03-24 02:26:40 UTC
Post by D. St-Sanvain
Hello,
I have a question about the way of announcing a call sign on the radio
in GB.
In France, the aircraft registered "F-AZCC" will make its call as "Fox
Trott - Alpha Zulu - Charlie 2 fois" (for Charlie two times).
How do you proceed in GB ?
Charlie-Charlie ? Double-Charlie ? Charlie-2 times ?
Thanks :)
The ICAO standard is November two three two niner niner (in my case)
or Foxtrot alpha zulu charlie charlie in your case.

Brian W