Microlight night rating
a***@googlemail.com
2007-10-06 21:25:19 UTC
I passed my ppl(a) last Sunday! I am going to add a night rating and
buy a flexwing. Can a ppl(a) holder with a night rating fly a
microlight at night?
Andy R
2007-10-07 14:21:03 UTC
Post by a***@googlemail.com
I passed my ppl(a) last Sunday! I am going to add a night rating and
buy a flexwing. Can a ppl(a) holder with a night rating fly a
microlight at night?
Does a microlight have a CofA or a permit?

If it's a permit then I suspect not.

Rgds

Andy R
2007-10-10 20:38:15 UTC
No. Definately not.

David
microlight at night?
Joan Walsh
2007-10-11 12:54:56 UTC
I suppose it comes down to the old "can I?" vs "may I?" conundrum. It's
certainly inadvisable from a practical point of view (even after you've
learnt to fly a flexwing), not to mention safety.

The real issue is that (apart from microlights not being equipped for
night flight) the aeroplane's permit to fly specifically permits only
daytime VFR operations so it's not down to the pilot's licence, it's
down to the aircraft PtF.

You're not the first to wonder, though, and it has been done abroad.

Joan
Post by D
No. Definately not.
David