RAF Coningsby - new control tower?
Dark Angel
2006-07-19 11:22:29 UTC
Has RAF Conningsby had a new control built?

The one shown at...
looks kind of new and isn't as I remember it.

Think I need a camera with a better zoom!
--
Best Wishes
Simon Taylor - http://actionstations.fotopic.net
Edward Hawkins
2006-07-19 14:00:54 UTC
Post by Dark Angel
Has RAF Conningsby had a new control built?
Yes they have. I read an article about it a few weeks back in a free
newspaper local to the area (Boston). Unfortunately it said that the
old WWII tower would be demolished.
Dark Angel
2006-07-19 19:45:30 UTC
Post by Edward Hawkins
Yes they have. I read an article about it a few weeks back in a free
newspaper local to the area (Boston). Unfortunately it said that the
old WWII tower would be demolished.
Must have missed that one, was it the Target or the Citizen (I'm local
myself).

Any idea if they're knocked it down yet?
Edward Hawkins
2006-07-20 11:15:46 UTC
Post by Dark Angel
Must have missed that one, was it the Target or the Citizen (I'm local
myself).
Any idea if they're knocked it down yet?
I think it was the Citizen, but I'm not completely certain. I don't live
in the Boston area now but my sister saves the local free papers for me
and then I take them into work to read when things are quiet.

I don't know if it has been demolished yet.

Edward