Garmin GPSmap 296 for sale
o***@gmail.com
2006-10-01 16:59:29 UTC
Look here for perfect condition Garmin GPSmap 296 for sale:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160036529219
This was my spare, no longer required.
david
2006-10-01 18:17:03 UTC
How suitable for aviation use??
I'm still using my Garmin 95. Yes, 95!! Maybe I ought to upgrade.

David
o***@gmail.com
John L
2006-10-02 17:00:35 UTC
I'd go further - the 296 is primarily an aviation GPS for VFR flying and
it excels at that. It is nowhere near so competent when it comes to
land/water-based use. I have been absolutely delighted with mine. It
makes cross country sorties a breeze and I even find it useful for IMC
flying. Even better when combined with NavBox ProPlan-5 for flight
planning. Of course it shouldn't be used as the primary navigation
system but it ain't half useful.

John
PPL/IMC/Night
g n p
2006-10-02 18:44:16 UTC
Post by John L
I'd go further - the 296 is primarily an aviation GPS for VFR flying and
it excels at that. It is nowhere near so competent when it comes to
land/water-based use. I have been absolutely delighted with mine. It makes
cross country sorties a breeze and I even find it useful for IMC flying.
Even better when combined with NavBox ProPlan-5 for flight planning. Of
course it shouldn't be used as the primary navigation system but it ain't
half useful.
John
PPL/IMC/Night
That's my setup also.